Terms used in Agile:
- Teamsize in agile varies from five to nine people.
- Teamconsist of Tester, developer, DBA, support etc. including Product Owner (PO)and Scrum Master.
- Assaid earlier team is tightly synchronize with each other or we can say theyfully synchronized.
- Teamsize and resource selection depends on sprint duration, Project front end andback end requirement.
- Sprintin agile is nothing but time span or period.
- Usuallysprint is of two – four weeks.
- Sprintis the time frame in which task has to be completed and ready for review by enduser or work is ready for production deployment.
- Scrummaster is key role in agile methodology.
- Scrummaster is mediator between PO (Product Owner) and Scrum Team.
- Scrummaster is responsible for in time completion of sprint.
- Scrummaster keep track of team’s daily activities and responsible for Sprint’s dailyprogress.
- Scrummaster is responsible for resolution of any obstacle that impact on sprintsprogress, Scrum master communicate with PO for any issue/unclear requirementsetc.
- Scrummaster organize and monitor Sprint’s daily standup, SM is also participant ofdaily standup with Product owner.
Business analyst: BA
- Businessanalyst is the person who knows everything about project and that is why; he isthe only point of contact by technical team for any query related torequirements or ambiguity in requirements.
- Whenrequirements are not complete, or ambiguity in requirements then businessanalyst think over them and try to resolve those issues at own, but if neededhe/she can also communicate with Product owner for clarifying issues submittedby technical team on unclear, ambiguity In requirements.
- Userstories: Project requirements or features to be implement are call as userstories.
- E.g.Provide functionality for forgot password. This is a feature and is call as oneuser story.
- Productbacklog is the set of all user stories related to product. User stories of Productsall features, functionalities collectively called as Product Backlog.
- Foreach sprint cycle, team including scrum master have sprint planning meeting anddiscus, review and have brainstorming session on user stories present underproduct backlog.
- Whilepicking up user stories from product backlog for sprint, different criteria areconsider such as priority, dependency and client requirement etc.
- Userstories pick from product backlog are the sprint backlog’s user stories.
- Assaid earlier, user stories from product backlog picked as per priority,dependency on other modules and client requirements.
- Storypoint is the weightage or in other words complexity of the user story.
- Storypoints assigned as 1, 2, and 3,5,8,13,21.
- Storypoints 1, 2, 3 means user story is less complex and efforts require by the teamare also less.
- Storypoints ranging from five, eight means story point is medium complex.
- Storypoint 13 onwards means user story is highly complex and efforts required arehigh. In such cases story point may break into small stories.
- Userstories assigned based on different parameters such as dependency on othermodule (whether other module on which it is dependent is ready or need towork), expert level of resources working on this story, whether requirements areclearly specified or not etc.