Scrum Team: Roles and Responsibilities
The Scrum Master:
- As name ‘Master’ indicates, he/she plays important role in successful sprint execution.
- Scrum master ensures smooth execution of sprint with team members feeling confidence, enthusiastic.
- Scrum master act as leader of the sprint team, with specific roles and responsibilities.
- He/she manages product and sprint backlog.
- Responsible for successful completion of the sprint, with 24*7 availability for the team, to resolve their problems/issues/obstacles if any.
- Obstacles may be either requirements are not clear, dependency of module in hand either with other module, which may be developed, or under development.
- Scrum master bridges gap between development team and Product owner.
- Scrum master organize daily standup with development team and discuss what each individual did last working day, what he/she will do today? In addition, which things are causing sprint to not proceeding further.
- Scrum master tries to resolve team’s issues at his won but if required he/she can communicate with product owner for further details.
- Scrum master also take care of daily standup should not exceed more than 15 minutes.
- In sprint planning meeting, scrum master picks up user stories from product backlog to sprint backlog and takes care of each stories have assigned proper story points and estimates by individuals.
- He/she decides size of team, as if team size is more, more efforts need to co-ordinate team throughout sprint.
- Product owner is the person who may appointed from company itself of from customer side.
- Product owner is the person who collaborate between stakeholders, scrum master and development team.
- Product owner manages product backlog by assigning priority to each user story from product backlog, which further helps scrum master while sprint planning meeting.
Development team :
- Team is self-organizing.
- Developers, testers, database experts and support are the part of development team.
- Though team is comprises of tester, developer, database expert but still all members are developers, no specific titles are allowed.